Don’t forget to follow my Instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like this ‘Mango Buch Smoothie’ that tastes like a mimosa!
And now for dessert!
These Chocolate Orange Muffins actually have the taste of a chocolate orange; while still being healthy enough to eat for breakfast!
They are also:
- high in protein & fiber
- bursting with flavor
Chocolate Orange Muffins
- 1 avocado
- 1 orange (whole including skin)
- 1/4 c raw local honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c non-dairy milk or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1/3 c oats
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1/4 c cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray 9 muffin holes with olive oil spray & set aside.
- Slice your avocado and orange into smaller pieces.
- Add all wet ingredients to a food processor. Process until everything is broken down and combined.
- Add in your dry ingredients. Process until everything is combined.*
- Distribute your batter among the 9 muffin holes. Smooth the tops with a spoon.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from pan.**
*If your food processor is too small to hold everything, after processing your wet ingredients add in your oats and process again. Then transfer everything to a mixing bowl, add in the rest of your dry ingredients and whisk.
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
Enjoy the weekend!