Don’t forget to follow my Instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like these ‘Pizza Dough Cookies’:)
Now, you’ve seen my carrot dogs before.
I’ve switched it up a bit to make them even healthier and more delicious by cooking them in kombucha!
I used Brew Dr. Kombucha’s new flavor, Vanilla Oak 🙂
Some things I would recommend:
- Make sure you cook it until it is soft throughout. At my second attempt of the carrot dog I didn’t simmer it long enough.
- I suggest marinating it for at least 4 hours. Some recipes say 2 hrs but I think the longer the better.
- Have fun with it! I have used an eggplant, flatout & a sweet potato as a bun for it. All were delicious!
Bucha Carrot Dogs
- 4 large carrots
- 1/2 c vegetable broth
- 1/2 c kombucha
- 1/4 c Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Cut off ends of carrots.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (your marinade) to a large pot & stir. Add in your carrots and spin carrots in your marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- After carrots have been marinated, place pot on the stove and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and let sit for 20 minutes or until soft through.
- Add carrots to a buddha bowl or serve in a bun of choice & add your favorite hot dog toppings. Enjoy!
Bun Ideas: I have used a roasted eggplant, Flatout’s Rosemary & Olive Oil flat, & a baked sweet potato. All were excellent!
Happy eating 🙂