Don’t forget to follow my Instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like this ‘Vegan Pizza made with Farmer’s market Veggies!’
Now onto this ‘Healthier, Carrot-Ginger Dessert Bread!’
This version, Version 2, is more sweet & moist for more of that dessert bread taste!
Coconut oil is getting a lot of debate right now, being called ‘basically poison.’ I don’t use coconut oil often & don’t eat much fat in general. So for me, I don’t think baking with it occasionally is a problem. If you feel like you would rather avoid it try using non-dairy, non-soy plain greek yogurt instead! You can replace it for the full amount or keep half the amount of coconut oil & replace the other half with the yogurt 🙂
This ‘dessert’ version is still way healthier than your average banana or zucchini bread loaded with sugar, butter, & white flour. So bake this puppy up, don’t stress, & enjoy!
Healthier Carrot- Ginger Dessert Bread
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 c melted coconut oil OR non-dairy plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 local raw honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 c organic sprouted spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 c shredded or grated carrot
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Add all your wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl & whisk until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients & beat until combined.
- Mix in the carrots.
- Pour the entire batter into a loaf pan & smooth.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until edges are crispy & a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Keep stored in a container for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
Have a great week everyone!