This soup is an easy twist on my Slow- Cooker, Coconut Split Pea Soup!
Why Split Peas?!
Why this soup?! It is…
- Full of flavor
- Very filling
- Easy to make
- Simply delicious
If you love creamy soup, step right up!
Roasted Asparagus, Split Pea Soup
- 1 lb (2 cups) green split peas, rinsed & sorted
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 c vegetable broth + more to reach desired consistency
- 1 can light coconut milk
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 8 thick or 15 thin asparagus stalk
- 2 limes
- Add all of your ingredients, except for the mint leaves, asparagus & lime to a crockpot.
- Stir, cover & cook on low heat for 8 hours or high heat for 4 hours.
- When your crockpot is about done. Preheat your oven to 425F. Roast your asparagus for 15 minutes on a baking sheet lined with a silpat.
- When soup is done & asparagus is roasted, transfer both to a food processor or high speed blender, such as a Vitamix. Add in the mint leaves & squeeze in your limes. Blend until smooth. Add more vegetable broth & blend if wanting a creamier consistency.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
*If you were wondering what my side is, it’s Jicama Fries! Simply Bake jicama in a little white wine vinegar, turmeric & sugar-free taco seasoning!
Have a great night guys!