This recipe is similar to my ‘Carrot Dog’ recipe. Check it out here!
As for this ‘Crispy Carrot Bacon‘…. meat eaters, I don’t want to hear it. Say the word ‘carrot bacon’ to a meat eater & a common response will be, ‘ew’ or ‘why ruin bacon?’
Well my friends, no this is not going to taste like your meat bacon. Why? Because yeah duh it’s not made from meat cause it’s 2018 why are people still eating meat? But vegan or not just give it a try! My carrot bacon is: crispy, healthy, and full of flavor! I promise you will like it!
Crispy Carrot Bacon
- 2 large carrots
- 2T Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp black garlic puree
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- dash of cayenne
- dash of pink himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or nonstick spray and set aside.
- Add all of your ingredients, except the carrots, to a small bowl & whisk until combined.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel carrots into thin strip.
- One at a time dip your carrot peels into the bowl, coating the entire peel, & place on your baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until crispy. Serve with fresh dill. Enjoy!
Enjoy your Sunday Guys!