Don’t forget to follow my Instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like these ‘Chickpea Blondies’!
Now onto these Apple Flour Bars!
First, what is apple flour?
I got sent a bag of apple flour from Earthly Choice!
‘Made from the healthiest part of the apple (the peel) and blended with the highest quality wheat flour, our Apple Flour is where sustainability and nutrition meet. With a taste, look and feel like regular flour, you can add it to pancakes, brownies and cookies just like you would any ordinary wheat flour; except ours gives you a boost of iron and antioxidants with every serving! How do you like them apples? ‘
As for the rest of these bars they are:
- Protein & fiber packed
- Made with only7 ingredients
Apple Flour Sweet Potato Bars
- 1 c apple flour
- 1 c coconut flour
- 1 c organic sweet potato puree
- 1 c no-sugar added apple sauce
- 1/4 c non-dairy milk
- 1 T chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
Optional fold ins:
- Handful dried cranberries
- Handful non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray a 9×9 pan or similar with coconut oil spray & set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat until combined.
- Fold in cranberries, choc chips, nuts, whatever you like!
- Pour batter into your pan & smooth with a spatula.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown & a knife inserted comes out clean. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
Have a healthy week everyone!