Before diving into this recipes don’t forget to follow my instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like this ‘Chia Swirl Breakfast Bowl’ 🙂
Now as for these ‘pronuts’… protein donuts 🙂
- Light but filling
- Oil free
- Sweetener free
- Protein & fiber packed
You will enjoy the smells while baking these pronuts too thanks to that fresh lemon zest!
Enjoy these pronuts for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Lemon Poppyseed Pronuts
- 1 1/2 c quick oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 c garbanzo bean flour
- 1 T flax
- 2 T poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 1 c natural apple sauce
- 3/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sweetener if desired*
*I didn’t use any sweetener. If you’d like to add some I’d recommend just 1/4-1/3 raw local honey or agave. If using, reduce the amount of apple sauce used by the amount of sweetener you add.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray the holes of a 6 hole donut tin or a 9 hole muffin tin with coconut oil spray & set aside.
- Add all your dry ingredients to a medium sized bowl & whisk to combine.
- Add in your wet ingredients & mix until everything is combined.
- Distribute batter evenly among your donut or muffin holes.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean & your edges are golden brown. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
Happy Almost Friday!