Before diving into this recipes don’t forget to follow my instagram, @thekellydiet, for more recipes not posted on the blog! Like this ‘The Hulk’ aka, Green Juice 🙂
Now as for these muffins… 🙂
- Light but filling
- The perfect amount of sweetness
You will enjoy the smells while baking these muffins too! That fresh lemon zest is such a wonderful smell in the kitchen 🙂
Enjoy these muffins for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Lemon Banana Muffins
- 1 1/4 c quick oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1 T flax
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c raw local honey or agave
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9 holes of a muffin tin with coconut oil spray & set aside.
- Add all your dry ingredients to a medium sized bowl & whisk to combine.
- Add in your wet ingredients & beat until bananas are pureed & everything is combined.
- Use an ice cream scooper to distribute batter among your 9 muffin holes. Top with additional lemon zest.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean & your edges are golden brown. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
I hope everyone had a good weekend!