If you love the taste of gingerbread and are looking for a healthy snack these are perfect for you!
These Carrot Gingerbread Pronuts are:
- Fiber & Protein Packed
- Made with veggies
- Naturally sweetened
If you don’t have a donut tin, don’t worry! Bake this healthy mixture into muffins or bars! Just adjust cooking time as needed.
Carrot Gingerbread Pronuts
Donut base Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 c oats
- 1/3 c sprouted spelt flour
- 2 c carrots (2 c grated carrots for mixer version)*
- 1 T black strap molasses
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 in. ginger root (1 1/2 T freshly grated ginger)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c homemade almond milk
*These donuts were made in a vitamix. You can still make these simply by mixing the ingredients, just use the orange ingredients instead,
- 1/4 c almond flour
- 2 T local honey or pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 6 hole donut tin with coconut oil spray & set aside.
- Add all donut base ingredients to a vitamix and blend until combined. (or to a mixer & mix until combined).
- Distribute your batter among the donut holes.
- Prepare crumble by simply mixing your almond flour with sweetener of choice.
- Use fingers to crumble mixture on top of donut batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!