Before diving into the recipe of these amazing & healthy cookies, remember to check out my Instagram, @thekellydiet for more recipes not on the blog!
Like this ‘Edible Protein PB Pancake Batter!’
These PB cookies might be the best thing I’ve eaten all week. They are soft, fluffy, the perfect balance of sweetness, filling… & just so good I have a hard time not eating the whole batch in one sitting!
These cookies are made with 3 flours, one being Sprouted Spelt Flour.
I love sprouted flour because you get additional nutritional benefits, without compromising flavor or taste. That is because the dormant vitamins & minerals in grains are activated & brought to life during the sprouting process. In addition, sprouting also breaks down the grains’ natural protective barrier, making them easier to digest.
The last thing I decided to added to this recipe was the applesauce. The batter was still too dry & I didn’t want to add any more fat. Applesauce is such a staple in my healthy baking & it really helped these cookies reach the consistency I was looking for.
So, let’s get baking!
Bakery Style, Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 c sprouted spelt flour
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 3 T coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 c melted coconut oil
- 1/4 c almond or peanut butter (heated in microave for 40 seconds)
- 1/4 c raw local honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Add all your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl & whisk.
- Add all your wet ingredients to a small bowl & whisk.
- Pour wet into dry & beat until combined.
- Fold in your choc chips.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop batter onto a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Use a spoon to flatten
- Bake for 12 minutes. Enjoy! And what better to enjoy these cookies with than some homemade apple guacamole! (recipe for guac on my insta!)
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
Happy Almost Friday! Looks like Batman is waiting for the weekend 🙂