This Black Bean Cake is right up my ally!
I always like to describe my snacks & desserts as being healthy enough to eat for breakfast while still satisfying your sweet tooth. I think this fits that description perfectly!
If you’re looking for something even more dessert like check out my ‘Black-Bean Chocolate Lava Cake’ recipe. It is very similar to this recipe but adds in some pure maple syrup for additional sweetness.
- 1 box organic black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/2 c rolled or old-fashioned oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 scoops plant-based peanut butter or chocolate protein powder (I use Drink Orgain)
- 1/3 c unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of himalyan salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Small Handful Vegan Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Life Foods, Mega Chunk chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray 3 small tart tins with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Add the black beans to a food processor & process until combined.
- Next add in the oats, scrape the sides of the bowl, & process.
- Continue to add a few ingredients at a time (occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl & processing) to ensure that everything gets broken down & combined well.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Pour your dough into small tart tins. Bake for 20 minutes.
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!