Yes I cut my slices this big…
& yes I usually eat 3 of them at a time. Is it cause I’m still hungry? No! It’s cause it’s so delicious I can’t help myself. Luckily this ‘Maple Banana Bread’ is so healthy that I don’t have to worry too much about over-indulging.
I was able to control myself a bit this morning & had only 1 thick slice for breakfast. Thanks to high protein & metabolism boosting ingredients like oats, coconut flour & coconut oil I was full & energized until lunch!
Why I lOVE Coconut oil:
- It has a high smoke point, which prevents harmful carcinogens.
- It kills your hunger, so you eat less without even trying.
- It can increase your E expenditure, helping you burn more fat.
- It prevents Sickness.
But most importantly… it gives baked goods a buttery taste while adding way more health benefits!
So get ready to indulge in this yummy baked good!
Maple Banana Bread
- 1 1/4 c quick oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 c melted coconut oil
- 1/3 c pure maple syrup
- 1/3 c unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/3 c non-dairy chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Add all your dry ingredients to a medium sized bowl & whisk to combine.
- Add all your wet ingredients a large bowl & mix until combined.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet & mix until just combined.
- Fold in your choc chips.
- Pour your batter into your loaf pan & smooth with a spoon so that it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean & your edges & top are golden brown. I like mine best after being refrigerated. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!