I couldn’t decide what to call this recipe! Let me share some of my horrible ideas with you…
- ‘Healthy, Chocolate Chunk, Coconut flour Banana Bread, Cookie Pie‘ (wayyy too long)
- ‘Low fat, Peanut Butter Scones’ (Not dry enough to be considered a scone)
- ‘Sugar free – Coconut Flour, Peanut Butter Bread Scones’ (what????)
So basically I’m trying to tell you that this bread is..
- Peanut Buttery
- Banana’y (just making up words now)
- Gluten Free
- Free from additional sugar
- Low fat
- High Protein
Now, that we have that cleared up, let’s get to the recipe!
Banana Bread, Peanut Butter Delight
- 2 scoops @drinkorgain Peanut Butter Protein Powder
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch pink himalayan salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 T unsweetened almond milk
- 2 flax eggs (2 T ground flax + 6 T water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Small handful Enjoy Life Foods, Mega Chunk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a pie pan with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Add ground flax & water to a small bowl. Mix & set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Add all your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl & whisk.
- Add your ripe bananas to a medium sized bowl & mash.
- Add the rest of your wet ingredients, including your prepared flax eggs, to the medium sized bowl & mix until combined.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry & mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into your pan & smooth with a spatula so that it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cut when cooled. I drizzled the top with additional Peanut Butter Protein powder mixed with water. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!