How do you celebrate someone’s birthday?
Pick up a cake?
Go out to dinner?
Special birthday pancakes for breakfast?
I let people know how much I love them on their birthday by baking a healthy birthday treat! Now I realize that ‘healthy birthday treat’ may seem like no treat at all to someone, especially on their birthday. But if you know me, you know my desserts taste great and are healthy because I would never want to give someone something that I didn’t think wasn’t good for their body!
So why not start the day off, celebrating someone’s birthday, with these healthy baked donuts?!
Gingerbread Baked Donuts
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1/2 T molasses
- 1 c organic sprouted spelt flour
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Spray a 6 hole donut tin with non-stick cooking spray & set aside. (I only filled 5 donut holes with batter)
- In a medium sized bowl add all of your wet ingredients. Whisk until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl add all of your dry ingredients. Whisk until combined.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry & mix until combined.
- Distribute your batter among 5 donut holes.
- Bake donuts for for 18 minutes.
- Allow donuts to cool before removing from pan.
- Add any desired toppings. I spread my donuts with prepared chocolate PB2. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!