It’s my sister’s birthday. So how do I know how to celebrate, bake her something healthy & delicious of course! I have made a similar version of these brookies before using chickpeas. You can get the recipe here: Cookie-Dough Protein Brookies
So, what makes these ‘Protein’ Brookies?
The main ingredients are…
- coconut flour
- vegan protein powder
- powdered peanut butter
All these ingredients are protein packed! They are also low fat, high in fiber, & low in sugar… per usual here at The Kelly Diet 🙂
Cookie-dough Protein Brookies
- 3/4 c organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c natural apple sauce
- 1 T raw local honey or agave
- 1/2 c oats (gluten free if needed)
- 2 T organic powdered peanut butter
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 2 scoop plant-based peanut butter protein powder (I like Orgain)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of himalayan salt
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 2 T oats
- 2 T organic pumpkin puree
- 1/3 c apple sauce or softened coconut oil
- 3 T powdered peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 c unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of himalyan salt
- 1 vegan mint chocolate bar chopped into chunks & slivers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor add all base ingredients.
- Process until combined.
- Pour batter into 3 small cake tins, sprayed with nonstick olive oil spray, or into 1 prepared 8X8 pan & press down with a spatula.
- Set aside.
- Add all top ingredients to your clean food processor.
- Process & scrapes the side of the bowl until batter is thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter on top of base & smooth with a spoon.
- Top with chocolate chunks & lightly press them into the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes.
- Let cool before eating. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
These Protein Brookies were great energy before a birthday hike 🙂