Remember to follow my Instagram @thekellydiet for more recipes not posted on my blog like this easy, ‘Raw Cucumber Avocado Pasta.’
Now on to the recipe!
These healthy banana bread bars have a crispy crust & moist inside that are sure to please!
What makes this banana bread healthy? The main ingredients are oats, coconut flour, coconut oil & raw, local honey! These are all great sources of energy that are great before a workout. It is very satisfying as well. I had a slice before hot yoga today &, no joke, was still full 5 hrs later!
- Has a high smoke point, which prevents harmful carcinogens
- Kills your hunger, so you eat less without even trying
- Can increase your E expenditure, helping you burn more fat
- Prevents Sickness
- Aids in a healthy weight management
- Is a natural source of E
- Is an antioxidant powerhouse
*I use raw, local honey to ensure that my honey is not mixed with anything unnatural.
Crispy & Moist Banana Bread Bars
- 1 1/4 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 c melted coconut oil
- 1/3 c raw local honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1/3 c non-dairy chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Spray a 9×9 size pan (or similar) with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Add all your dry ingredients to a medium sized bowl & whisk to combine.
- Add all your wet ingredients a large bowl & mix until combined.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your wet & mix until just combined.
- Fold in your choc chips.
- Pour your batter into your pan & smooth with a spoon so that it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean & your edges & top are golden brown. Enjoy!
And adventure on 😉