Well I am back from an amazing trip to the Galapagos where I saw many native animals & ate all the local veggies 🙂
So what is something I did within the first 24 hrs of my return? Bake of course!
These Tahini Blondies are both sweet & salty, made from wholesome ingredients, filling & easy to make!
Sweet & Salty Tahini Blondies
- 2 flax eggs (2 T ground flax + 5 T water)
- 1/3 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 C raw local honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 C drippy tahini
- 1/2 T vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C sprouted whole wheat or chickpea flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- Small handful non-dairy chocolate chips
- Handful of pretzels, slightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F & spray 10 muffins tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare flax eggs by combining the flax meal with the water in a small bowl. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Add your wet ingredients to a medium sized bowl & whisk.
- Add your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl & whisk.
- Pour wet into dry, including your flax egg, & mix until combined.
- Fold in your choc chips & crushed pretzels.
- Distribute batter among your muffin tins.
- Bake 20-23 min, or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Best when fresh, but will keep for about 3 days covered & stored at room temp. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
Vacation is awesome and it’s nice to be able to come home to my kitchen & dog 🙂