If you have any thoughts that a dessert comprised mostly with Black Beans tastes bad, let me prove you wrong!
Everyone should love this recipe because it is:
- so easy to make.
- quick to make.
- quick clean up.
- protein & fiber packed.
- guilt -free 🙂
*If you have a peanut allergy I would suggest replacing the powdered peanut butter with protein powder
**If you are gluten intolerant simply replace the 1 c oats with gluten free oats.
Black-Bean Chocolate Lava Cake
- 1 box organic black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 c rolled or old-fashioned oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1/4 c organic powdered peanut butter (or plant-based chocolate protein powder if have a nut allergy)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of himalyan salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Add the black beans to a food processor & process until combined.
- Next add in the oats, scrape the sides of the bowl, & process.
- Continue to add a few ingredients at a time (occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl & processing) to ensure that everything gets broken down & combined well, until no ingredients are left.
- Pour your dough into small tart tins & bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.Let cool & then top with prepared powdered peanut butter (I added extra water to make it more runny). Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
Unfortunately with the cocoa powder, this is one treat you should not share with your pup 😦 He got some extra prepared powdered peanut butter though 🙂