So awhile ago I made ‘Tofu Sloppy Jo’s.’ I wanted to re-create the recipe by making them more spicy & serving the filling in yellow corn tortillas for some yummy tacos.
They turned out great!
I love this recipe because it is…
- quick & easy to make
Spicy Tofu Filling (great for tacos or on a bun!)
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 1/2 c fresh chopped bell pepper or 1/4 c canned & diced green chiles
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 T liquid aminos
- 2 T organic ketchup
- 1 T dijon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (adjust to your desired spice level)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium temperature & add in your tofu.
- Chop your tofu with a spatula into tiny pieces.
- Add the rest of your ingredients to the skillet/pan & stir.
- Cover your skillet & allow to cook on medium to low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm in yellow corn tortillas or on a whole-grain sprouted bun with desired toppings. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
What will you make with this filling?!