Pumpkin + Persimmons + Cornbread…. would you have put that combination together? Probably not, but don’t let that scare you! This unique combination results in a bread that is flavorful & sweet without being overwhelming.
Pair this bread with some homemade Butternut Squash Soup for a delicious warm meal 🙂
Pumpkin Persimmon Cornbread
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1 c canned light coconut milk
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 c oat flour
- 1 1/2 c cornmeal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tp baking powder
- 1/2 c diced persimmon
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9×9 loaf pan or similar with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk your ACV with the coconut milk & let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of your wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined then stir in your ACV mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl add all of your dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Use a wooden spoon to slowly combine wet ingredients into dry.
- Fold in your diced persimmons.
- Pour batter into your pan & bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, snap a pic & hashtag it #thekellydiet @thekellydiet- I love seeing your creations on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook!
And for those of us who struggled to get up this morning, so did my dog.