Remember to check out my Instagram @thekellydiet for more healthy recipes like my last post- ‘Butternut Squash Beetroot Soup.’
You are going to love this Nicecream Cake. Most vegan no-bake cakes contains cups of nuts. I am all about healthy fats but I don’t need a cake loaded with nuts & seeds.
So, I tried something different. Instead of nuts for the filling I used steamed cauliflower 🙂 Sound gross? It’s blended with fruits & lemon (or lime) juice that masks the cauliflower completely.
For the crust I used Heritage Flakes cereal instead of nuts. It is a high protein & fiber cereal with little sugar & fat. I was in love with how the taste of this crust turned out.
Think of this nicecream cake as your morning smoothie but way better 🙂
Now let me show you how to go from all these healthy ingredients…
to a delicious nicecream cake!
Key Lime Nicecream Cake
- 2 c Heritage Flakes cereal
- 6 medjool dates (pitted & chopped)
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 c natural apple sauce
- 2 c steamed cauliflower
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 avocado
- 1 c cubed pineapple/mango combo
- 2 T plant based vanilla protein powder (I used 22 days Nutrition)
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.4 tsp turmeric
- 2 T poppy seeds
- Spray 1 large or 2 small tart tins with non-stick spray & set aside.
- Add all of your crust ingredients to a food processor & process until combined.
- Press your crust mixture into the bottom of your tart tins.
- Add all of your filling ingredients, except for the poppy seeds, to your clean food processor. Process until combined. Stir in your poppy seeds.
- Pour your filling mixture on top of your crust.
- Add any desired toppings. I used lemon zest, pomegranate seeds & coconut chips.
- Cover with clear wrap & freeze for 4 hrs or overnight.
- Thaw the cake for about 15 minutes (depending how thick your cake is & how frozen it is) before serving. Enjoy!
And a very happy early Thanksgiving to you all from me & Batman:)