When I first encountered coconut flour, I was obsessed & baked with it all the time.
This year I have been on a Garbanzo Bean Flour kick. (While still using coconut flour of course!)
- cheap. A bag of Bob’s Red mill only costs $2.69 & I find it on sale often as well.
- only made from one ingredient, Garbanzo Beans. Aka, the most clean🙂
- a great replacement for almost any regular flourwithout having to adjust your liquid ratio.
- high in fiber & protein.
- low in sugar.
- a great egg replacement for vegan cooking. I use this flour to make pancakes, ‘egg’ bakes & more.
- tastes great.
I cannot recommend this flour more. Next time you are baking or cooking, replace all or some of your regular flour with Garbanzo Bean Flour. Then sit back & enjoy the yummy taste & added nutritional benefit!
So now on to these Jalapeno Veggie Fritters.
- easy to make.
- a protein & vitamin packed healthy breakfast.
- made with spices that are beneficial to your health.
- loaded with heat & flavor.
Jalapeno Veggie Fritter
- 1/3 c garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 c – 2/3 c water (adjust, you want your batter to be like pancake batter).
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 T finely chopped onion
- 1/4 c shredded zucchini
- 1/4 c shredded carrot
- 1/4 c corn
- Finely chopped jalapeno to taste
- Heat a medium size pan on low heat with non-stick spray.
- Add your flour & spices to a medium size bowl & mix.
- Add water & whisk until clumps are gone.
- Fold in your veggies. (Feel free to add or omit any veggies you like.)
- Pour batter into pan & cook as you would a pancake.
- Cook until slightly browned on each side.
- Serve with salsa, tahini, whatever you like!
And here was my view while eating my fritters.