2 new foods for me this year are: Jicama & Jackfruit.
Jicama is a root vegetable that is a great source of fiber & vitamin C. You can eat it raw, sauté it, or bake it into fries.
Jackfruit is a fruit than can grow up to 100 lbs! It is a rich source of vitamin, minerals, phytonutrients, carbohydrate, electrolytes, fiber, fat and protein. You can eat it raw or cook it.
I have fallen in love with both!
For this Tropical Buddha bowl I made jackfruit fries & cooked up some of Upton’s Naturals Sweet & Smoky Jackfruit.
This bowl is well sweet & smoky 🙂 , tangy & refreshing!
Tropical Buddha Bowl
- 1 jicama
- 1 T melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp seasoning of choice (I used FlavorGod’s fiesta sweet & tangy seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 box Upton’s Naturals Sweet & Smoky Jackfruit
- 1/2 head caulifower
- 2 handfuls kale/ spinach
- Pomegranate seeds
- 1 1/2 c chopped mango, pineapple & strawberry combo (I used a pre-chopped organic frozen bag.)
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- The juice from 1 lime
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Peel jicama & cut into fries.
- Place them onto a baking sheet. Pour the melted coconut oil over the fries, sprinkle on your seasoning & mix. Make sure all fries are laying next to each other on the sheet & not on top of one another.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flip, & bake another 20-25 minutes or until crispy.
- Chop half of your cauliflower head into florets.
- Place on a baking sheet, add any seasonings or healthy oils you like & roast for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Heat your package of jicama on a pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook until hot throughout.
- Add all of your tropical dressing ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend until combined.
- Distribute your greens, fries, jackfruit & cauliflower among 2 plates.
- Drizzle on your dressing.
- Top with pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!
Check out my Instagram @thekellydiet for even more unique plant-based recipes!