Hi everyone! The above picture is some of the food I made this past weekend. All recipes will be posted throughout the next few days. Follow my Instagram @thekellydiet to ensure that you will see all recipes because some shorter/easier recipes I only post there. You won’t want to miss the ‘Vegan Beet Ravioli with a Pumpkin Cheeze Filling.’ 🙂
So, let’s talk about this gorgeous breakfast tart! When you think of a tart I am sure you are thinking of a sweet pastry for dessert. Well my take on a tart is one that is healthy enough for breakfast! I wanted to make something clean, protein packed & nutritious, while still having that sweet taste & aesthetic appeal.
Why to love this breakfast tart. It is..
- made with only 6 ingredients.
- you don’t have to bake it.
- easy to make.
- creamy & delicious.
The best part of this tart is that it’s a blank canvass! I topped my tart with sliced persimmon, pomegranate seeds, mint, cacao nibs & grated lemon. What do you have on hand? Do you want to make this a savory tart with fruits or a sweet one with chocolate, nut butter or cocowhip? You can play around with the crust as well. Do you want to make it crispier while adding more protein? Blend some almonds in. Do you like it sweeter? Blend some raw coconut flakes in. Make it your own!
No bake, Breakfast Tart
- 1 c uncooked quinoa
- 8 medjool dates
- 14oz soft tofu
- 2 c chopped strawberries
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c plant-based strawberry protein powder (keep the recipe clean by using 22 Days Nutrition protein powder).
Toppings I used:
- Sliced persimmon
- Sliced strawberries
- Pomegranate seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Lemon zest
- Spray a 14X5 tart tin with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to instructions.
- While that is cooking remove the pits from your dates & chop. Then soak them in boiling water for at least 5 minutes.
- When quinoa is done & slightly cooled, add it to a food processor. Drain your dates & add it to the processor as well. (Add anything else you want here like nuts, flax or coconut flakes). Process until everything is well combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom & side of your tart tin. Refrigerate.
- Next add all of your filling ingredients to your clean food processor. Process until combined & pour into your crust. Smooth with a spoon & top with whatever toppings you like!
- Cover with clear wrap & refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Enjoy!
And for some more smiles, here is a pic of my dog, Batman, on our lazy Sunday 🙂