I have no credit for this recipe. My boyfriend made it & I’m obsessed!
Why?! This soup is…
- made with JUST VEGGIES 🙂
- only requires 4 ingredients.
- has a natural beautiful red/orange color
- absolutely delicious.
The peppers he used are from his balcony garden. I have never tasted a more flavorful pepper than these ones. If you like growing vegetables I highly recommend growing your own red bell peppers. I hope you can taste the difference as well!
He also used a few hot lemon peppers from his garden. These peppers are spicy & great for sauces & soups. You can add these if you have them & like more spice. If you chose to use these chop them & add to the baking sheet along with the tomatoes, onion & shallot.
Another thing that I’ve noticed in all soups is that roasting your veggies makes a huge difference. Pumpkin, broccoli, cauliflower… roasting all these veggies before turning them into soup really takes the taste to the next level.
For this recipe you will 1) Roast your bell peppers 2) Steam them in a paper bag & 3) Peel off the skin after roasting.
Let’s get to the recipe!
Roasted Red Pepper Soup: 4 Ingredients & Just Veggies 🙂
This is a non-filtered image… I mean look at that color!!!
- 6 red bell peppers
- 3 hot lemon peppers, chopped (optional)
- 6 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- One shallot, chopped
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, chopped
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Place peppers directly on the rack & bake for about 25 minutes, rotating half way through.
- Spread your tomatoes, lemon peppers (if using), shallot & onion on a baking sheet. Bake for half an hour.
- When peppers are done baking immediately place them in a paper bag & close. Allow them to steam in the bag for 5 minutes.
- When peppers are done steaming peel off the skin & discard.
- When the tomato mixture is done baking add everything, along with the peppers, to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth & creamy. Sprinkle with fresh basil to serve if desired. Enjoy!
I hope this soup makes you as happy as it makes me 🙂