We all know the beloved protein & fiber packed, vegan Complete Cookies from Lenny & Larry’s right?! (P.S. their pumpkin spice flavor is out right now for a limited time & it’s amazing!
They all taste so good & it’s hard to pick a favorite but Lemon is definitely at the top for me. While nothing can beat the real thing it’s always nice baking something on your own because you know exactly what you put into it. I came up with this recipe inspired by the Lemon Complete Cookie. It’s soft in texture, vegan, fiber & protein packed, & yes delicious. I hope you enjoy 🙂
Copycat Lemon Complete Cookie
I have a cute beehive cake tin I used because I thought the yellow color & black specs were perfect to look like the real thing. I have also made them into big round flat cookies. The baking time remains the same for both, so don’t worry.
- 1 c coconut flour
- 1/2 c plant based vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 T chia or poppy seeds
- 2 T stevia in the raw or sweetener of choice
- 2/3 c natural apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/2 c unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F. If using small cake tins, spray with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl & whisk.
- Add all wet ingredients to a medium size bowl & whisk.
- Add wet into dry & mix until combined.
- Press batter into prepared cake tins or form into cookie shapes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Enjoy!
And here is a picture of my peanut hard at work 😉