This soup turned out to be such a home run!
How?! It is:
- Full of flavor
- Smells amazing
- Easy to make
- Simply delicious
The super food behind this soup is of course the split peas! Split peas have almost no fat & are an excellent source of vitamins, protein & fiber.
Vegan or not, you will love this soup 🙂
Slow-Cooker, Vegan Coconut Split Pea Soup
- 1 lb green split peas, rinsed & sorted
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 c vegetable broth
- 1 can light coconut milk
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 1 small lime
- Add all of your ingredients, except for the mint leaves & lime to a crockpot.
- Stir, cover & cook on low heat for 8 hours or high heat for 4 hours.
- When this time is up, transfer half of the soup to a blender. Add in the mint leaves & squeeze in your lime. Blend until smooth & return to the crock pot.
- Mix everything together once more, serve warm. Enjoy!
Now that you’re powered up with some healthy soup, keep it up! Get some exercise in & promote your inner happiness & spiritual well-being 🙂