I don’t make vegan meatloaf or meatballs often & I’m not sure why because every time I do I love them!
This was my dinner last night. Give it a shot, you won’t regret it!
These Lentil Loaf Muffins are:
- High in Fiber & protein
- Full of flavor
- 1/2 c dry brown/green lentils
- 1/3 c chopped onion
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large carrot, peeled & chopped
- 1 c cubed sweet potato chunks
- 1 c quick or rolled oats
- 1/4 c tomato paste
- 2 T ground flaxseed
- 3 T nooch/ nutritional yeast
- 2 T pure maple srup
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Flavor God’s Everything spicy seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of pink himalyan salt
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Spray 6 muffins tins with nonstick cooking spray or a loaf pan.
- Cook lentils according to instructions on package.
- Saute onion, garlic, carrots & sweet potato until softened (about 10 minutes).
- Add lentils, saute mix & the rest of your ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse until mixture is just combined & texture is sticky.
- Distribute batter among your 6 muffin tins or all into one loaf pan.
- Spread a light layer of ketchup on top of the loaf.
- Bake muffins at 375F for 25 minutes or loaf for about 30-35 minutes. I served mine in a bowl along with seasoned spaghetti squash & sauteed cabbage & orange bell pepper. Enjoy!
Bye for now as I will be on vacation for a week! Excited but also ah I have to leave this little cutie 😦