Pronut… Protein Donut 🙂
Not only are these donuts filled with protein but they are also:
- Free of refined sugar
- High in fiber
- A crowd pleaser
If you do not have a donut tin feel free to make these into muffins, you would just have to adjust the cook time for a bit longer.
These turned out so yummy & delicious. I will absolutely be making them again 🙂
Coffee Cake Pronuts
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c oat flour (blend rolled or quick oats in a blender until forms a fine powder)
- 1/4 c pea protein
- 2 scoops plant-based peanut butter protein powder (I like orgain)
- 1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 c plant-based milk of choice (I use Good Karma‘s Flax + protein milk)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c date sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Spray 5 donut tins with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Add all Streusel ingredients to a small bowl, whisk, & set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add all of your Donut Base Ingredients.
- Mix your ingredients until well combined.
- Distribute batter among your 5 donut tins (I used my fingers) & smooth with a spoon.
- Sprinkle each battered filled donut tin with your streusel, until none remains & gently press the stresul down into the batter with a spoon.
- Bake at 350F for 13-15 minutes.
- I find it best to run a spoon along the insides of the donut tins, once removing from the oven, separating the donut from the tin so they do not stick, but then I allow them to cool before completing removing the donuts from the tin. Enjoy!
And here is what my dog was doing while I baked, lol. Who would you share these pronuts with?!