Confusing title. To explain I made a vegan pumpkin gingerbread that is delicious on it’s own, but I also then used the bread to make a breakfast parfait! So in the post I will share the bread recipe along with how I made my parfait.
This bread is all natural & made with awesome ingredients like pea protein. Healthy, protein & fiber packed, low-sugar & delicious! I think so 🙂
Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread
- 1 T egg replacer (mixed with 3 T water)
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 c quick or rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 c garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 c pea protein
- 1/4 c date sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- A small handful of organic unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
- Mix your egg replacer powder with 3 T water in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the rest of your wet ingredients to the bowl & whisk.
- Add all your dry ingredients to a large bowl & whisk.
- Add wet into dry & mix until combined.
- Pour batter into your loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the shredded coconut & use a butter knife to cut a slit down the top of the loaf (for appearances).
- Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from your pan & to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
Pumpkin, Chocolate Breakfast Parfait
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1 c unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
- 1 scoop plant-based chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Sliced & chopped vegan pumpkin gingerbread
- Sliced banana
- Plain Yogurt
- Fresh green figs
- Or anything else you like!
- Add all chia pudding ingredients in a bowl or jar & mix very well with a fork, making sure to scrape the sides & bottom as well.
- Cover & refrigerate overnight to set.
- In the morning divide your chia pudding among 2 jars. Add your desired layers & indulge in this healthy & delicious treat/breakfast!
What would you layer your parfait with?!