I wanted to make a plant-based burger that was different from any I have had before. While I love black bean, veggie, lentil, etc patties, I was looking for something new.
I wanted my patty thick, healthy & filling. I give credit to the upcoming of Fall for putting pumpkin on my mind!
These Plant-based Pumpkin Patties are:
- A great food-prep
- Protein & fiber packed
- Full of flavor
- Unlike any patty you’ve had before!
Plant-based Pumpkin Patty
- 1 T egg replacer (mixed with 3 T water)
- 1 c garbanzo bean flour
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 T finely chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp Everything Spicy seasoning (or a similar Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 T tahini
- 1 c rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 c pea protein powder
- Prepare your egg replacer by adding the 1 T egg replacer powder with 3 T water in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix with a fork as best you can, then finish combining the ingredients by kneading it like dough with your hands.
- Add the egg replacer to the bowl & knead one more time.
- Form batter into 4 thick patties. (You can cook them now or cover & refrigerate for a later meal).
- To cook, spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray & place on medium heat. Cook on each side for a few minutes until there is a slight golden crust & they are heated through. I find it best to cover the skillet while they are cooking so that the insides get warm as well.
- I served mine on an organic sprouted whole wheat toasted bun layered with tomato, sauteed cabbage & pepper & spread with guacamole. Enjoy!
What would you top you patty with?!