MMM… what’s that smell?
It’s Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal cooking in the Crock-pot & does it smell good!
This slow-cooker oatmeal is different than your average oatmeal because it’s thickened up while maintaining that creamy texture!
You won’t need a spoon for this oatmeal. Grab a fork & you’ll be good to go!
Why you will love this baked oatmeal:
- The warm pumpkin spice smell & taste.
- The thick & creamy texture.
- It makes for an excellent food prep.
- It is high in fiber & protein.
- It is low in calorie & fat.
Overall, it is healthy & delicious!
Slow- Cooker Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
Note* This recipe uses rolled/ old-fashioned oats which is why the cooking time is so short. Steel cut oats would need a longer cooking time.
- 2 c rolled or old-fashioned oats
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 3 c unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 T cinnamon
- 1/2 T pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of pink himalyan salt
- 1/2 c muesli + more to sprinkle on top
- Add all ingredients, except the muesli, to a slow-cooker.
- Stir & cook on low for about 1.5 hrs.
- When the liquid is absorbed & texture is thick, stir in the muesli.
- Allow to cool slightly. Eat right away or transfer to jars, sprinkle with additional muesli, cover & store in the fridge. Eat cold or reheated. Enjoy!
Wouldn’t you get out of bed for the warm smell of pumpkin cooking?!