I’m going to guess you read the title ‘Butterfly Pea Flower‘ & thought, ‘what?’
Well let me tell you about it! I came across Organic Dried Butterfly Pea Flower Tea while browsing Amazon Prime (one of the World’s greatest inventions, obviously).This tea…
- is full of antioxidants & has been proven through clinical research.
- has anti- glycation properties (helps prevent against skin aging).
- has anti-inflammatory & pain relieving properties.
- And for someone into food aesthetic, it makes a gorgeous blue tea. AND if you add a bit of lemon juice it can turn a purple–pink!
As an avid tea drinker & natural baker, I was excited 🙂
This is the first recipe I have made with the tea. I look forward to sharing this one with you and many more to come!
Butterfly Overnight Oats
This recipe contains only 4 ingredients & doesn’t use any sugars or sweeteners! (If you want to make it sweeter add some berries!)
- 1 c unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
- 3 T dried pea flower tea
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1/2 c plain greek or non-dairy yogurt
- Add 2 T of your tea to an infuser.
- Bring your plant-based milk to a boil in a small pot & add the infuser (could also use a food strainer if do not own an infuser).
- Turn heat to low & simmer for 20 minutes. (Your milk will turn more blue as time passes.)
- Add your oats to a mason jar or container, pour in your tea & mix together with a fork.
- Add in your yogurt & last 1 T of dried tea & mix again.
- Cover & refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferable overnight.
- In the morning eat as is or add some toppings! I added sliced banana, a bit more dried tea, bee pollen & hemp hearts. Enjoy!
What else would you make with this tea?!