Before we get to the socca, here is a recipe for “No Bake PB 🍌 Bites” that I posted on my Instagram this past weekend: @thekellydiet.
1️⃣In a large bowl mix with a fork
🔹2 c rolled oats
🔹1 tsp cinnamon
🔹 1 tsp vanilla
🔹splash of almond milk
🔹1/4 c raw 🍯 or pure maple syrup
🔹1 large ripe mashed 🍌
🔹1/2 c natural peanut butter or almond or 🌻 butter 🔹1/4 c mini morsels or cacao nibs
2️⃣Use an 🍦 scoop to spoon batter 2️⃣roll into balls & 3️⃣refrigerate. Enjoy!
Follow my Instagram for more recipes that may not be posted on the blog!
K now to socca!
This was my first time trying/making Socca & it turned out great!
So what is Socca?
- It is a type of thin, unleavened pancake or crêpe made from chickpea flour.
- It is a great source of fiber, protein & has a slew of vitamins & minerals.
I added just a bit of chia seeds to my socca for extra nutrients & to help absorb more of the liquid in the batter.
This recipe is easy to make & lets you be creative by choosing your own toppings.
- You can top it with nut butter & fruit for a healthy dessert, or
- with veggies & a homemade sauce for a yummy & nutritious meal.
*This makes one socca so double recipe as need.
- 1/4 c chickpea flour
- 1/3 c water
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast/ nooch
Toppings I used:
- Roasted brussles sprouts
- Baked sweet potato chunks
- Sauteed peppers
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Organic white wine vinegar
- Italian seasoning
Avocado/ yogurt sauce:
- 1/3 of an avocado
- 1/4 c cilantro
- 1/4 c plain greek or non-dairy yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Add all the socca ingredients to a small bowl.
- Whisk & set aside for half an hour to allow seeds to soak & mixture to thicken.
- Heat a small sized skillet on medium heat & spray with non stick spray.
- Once pan is hot & mixture has set, spoon batter into the pan & make sure it is evenly distributed (the benefit of using a small pan is that you can smooth the batter among the whole pan for an even distribution & perfect circle).
- Let batter cook for 3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to carefully lift sides, then flip.
- Allow to cook on the other side an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan & top with desired toppings.
- I first roasted my brussels sprouts & sweet potato, without any oil, & sprinkled with Flavor God’s Italian Seasoning.
- I sauteed the mushrooms & peppers in organic white wine vinegar.
- Add all avocado/yogurt sauce ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- I added the sauce to a clear squirt bottle to distribute evenly on top.
What will you top your socca with?!