It is Monday… but I hope everyone had a fun weekend & are ready to take on the week. The featured image above are all the recipes that I will be posting this week!
Did anyone do any food prep yesterday? I made a big batch of these Brownie Batter Overnight Oats for snacks & a big pot of Peach Cauliflower Oatmeal for breakfast this week. I also re-stocked my fridge with veggies to cook up for dinners.
I think you will enjoy these overnight oats as they are easy to make, chocolaty, creamy & protein & fiber filled.
I’ve eaten these for breakfast, a snack, dessert & even a big portion for dinner alongside some steamed veggies. So there really is no bad time to eat them 🙂
I’m excited to share this recipe with you!
Brownie Batter Overnight Oats
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1 c unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
- 1/2 c plain greek or non-dairy yogurt
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop plant-based chocolate protein powder (I like Orgain)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 ripe banana*, mashed
- Cacao nibs (optional)
*The banana adds not only taste, nutrients & creaminess but provides a natural sweetness instead of using other sugars or unnatural sweeteners.
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Cover with cling wrap & refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. The time allows for liquid to absorb & flavors to soak in.
- In the morning*, unwrap, garnish with desired toppings, serve chilled & indulge! – I like these chocolaty oats sprinkled with cacao nibs.
*You can also transfer the batter to individual jars, cover & refrigerate for some yummy & healthy food-prep. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
What recipe do you want to try this week?!