Happy Friday!!! I hope to inspire you to cook or bake some healthy & yummy food this weekend 🙂
You won’t go wrong with this vegan Mac & Cheese that is 100% guilt free as it is entirely made of plants.
I used Banza noodles that are made from chickpeas. They have more fiber & protein than regular noodles. Don’t hesitate to buy these, I promise that they taste great!
I am excited to share this recipe with you as this is my absolute favorite vegan cheese sauce. I have made multiple pots & crock-pots worth of sauces to get this one right. It is healthy & delicious. What more do you need?
This sauce is great not only for Mac & Cheese, but to top on any veggies.
I used the sauce to make this easy dinner composed of cooked spiralized zucchini & mushrooms…
as well as this veggie loaded Buddha Bowl for lunch containing roasted spiralized golden beets, corn, peppers & asparagus & steamed cauliflower rice & zucchini, topped with tomato & dried cranberries.
K, let’s get to recipe!
Vegan Mac & Cheese
- 1 c cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 c cauliflower florets
- 1/2 c chopped carrots
- 1/4 c diced red onion
- Vegetable broth
- 1/4 c Nutritional Yeast/ Nooch
- Chickpea noodles (or any spiralized veggie of choice like zoodles)
- Fresh ground pepper (or other favorite Mac N Cheese seasoning)
- Add the squash, cauliflower, carrots & onion to a crock-pot.
- Add just enough vegetable broth to cover the bottom of the pot.
- Stir & cook on low for 4 hrs.
- Once cooked add the entire pot to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add in the nutritional yeast & blend until combined.
- Cook chickpea noodles according to direction.
- Stir in sauce.
- Transfer to a bowl & allow to cool slightly.
- Top with desired seasonings & serve.
- Store any extra sauce in a closed container/jar in the fridge. Enjoy!
And here is a picture of my dog that I find funny to hopefully put a smile on your face today 🙂