If you don’t use Nutritional Yeast/ Nooch, you have to start!
Not only does this superfood give your food a cheesy taste. It is also loaded with vitamins, contains protein & is low in calories.
I add nooch to soups & sauces as well as sprinkle it directly on cooked veggies & popcorn. You can buy it in bulk containers at stores like Whole Foods. You can also buy it on Amazon. I usually buy Bragg’s.
Okay so this post contains a simple, 2 minute Vegan BEAN Cheese Sauce. Tomorrow I will post a VEGGIE Cheese Sauce that will feature a pretty killer Vegan Mac n Cheese recipe.
Read til the bottom of the post as I will share the flatbread I made with my leftover sauce as well!
Spicy Cucumber Noodle Bowl (containing 2 minute, creamy cheese sauce)
Creamy Cheese Sauce :
- 1 can white beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/4 c Nutritional Yeast/ Nooch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 c unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
(Feel free to use any other veggies you have on hand)
- Handful of broccoli
- Handful of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 a Japanese eggplant, thinly sliced
- Organic white wine vinegar
- 1/2 a large spicy cucumber, spiralized
- 1/4-1/3 c Italian Seitan
- 2 leaves of rainbow chard, chopped
- Crushed red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add the broccoli, caulifower & eggplant to a small pan.
- Pour a small amount of the organic white wine vinegar on top of veggies (about 2-3 T) & stir to ensure all veggies are covered.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Creamy Cheese Sauce:
- Add all cheese sauce ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add spiralized cucumber, Italian seitan & chard to a pan.
- Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in desired amount of cheese sauce, cover & cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the spiralized cucumber mixture to a bowl.
- Top with roasted veggies.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of crushed red pepper.
- Store leftover cheese sauce in a closed container/jar in the fridge. Enjoy!
Look at my dog patiently waiting for some veggie leftovers 🙂
Here is a super simple, quick, easy, healthy & yummy dinner to make with your leftover cheese sauce.
I love Flatout flatbreads. Most of their flats have a good amount of fiber & protein. They are great topped with vegan pizza ingredients, hummus & veggies, etc & then grilled or baked.
For this recipe I used their multi-grain Flatout. I also like their protein flat as well.
- One Flatout Flatbread
- Your leftover vegan creamy cheese sauce
- Veggies of Choice. I used: Kale, spinach, cauliflower florets, peppers, tomato & italian seitan.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spread with cheese sauce & top with veggies.
- Bake for about 6 minutes or until crispy. I added a bit of cilantro & sprinkled my flat with more nooch before eating. Enjoy!
*Can saute veggies prior to baking as well.