Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fun, relaxing & veggie filled weekend. The featured image above is all the recipes that will be posted this week!
We had an apartment full of pups on Saturday. No complaints as my dog was pumped to have some friends over. If anyone wants to train a dog & give it to me so that my dog can have a sibling, please feel free 🙂
Alright, Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole… slightly confusing name but pretty on point. This recipe is 100% vegan, made entirely of veggies, delicious & filling.
I call it a casserole b/c the spaghetti squash base in not crispy like pizza but thick & soft like a casserole. This is then cooked, stacked with plant-based pizza options, & cooked again. The absolute best thing about this pizza is that you could eat the entire pan & only feel healthy about it 🙂
So let’s get to the recipe so you all can have a bowl full of pizza inspired veggies tonight.
Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole
Spaghetti Squash base/crust:
- 2 T ground flax
- 6 T water
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 T Nutritional Yeast / Nooch
Plant-based Pizza Topping Ideas:
- Organic Pizza Sauce
- Sliced zucchini
- Thinly sliced beets
- Spiralized Sweet Potato
- Smokey maple bacon tempeh
- More nutritional yeast
- Crushed red pepper
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut 1 spaghetti squash in half, de-seed & cook face down on the parchment paper for 45 minutes.
- Prepare flax eggs by mixing the ground flax & water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to set.
- Once squash is cooked allow to cool slightly & then use a fork to scrape out the insides. (Can prepare spaghetti squash, cover & refrigerate up to a week before to save time).
- Add all base/crust ingredients to a bowl & mix with a fork until just combined.
- Pour half or all of the spaghetti squash (depending on how thick you want your base) into a 8×8 pan. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degree.
- Remove from oven & stack with desired toppings.
- Bake for another 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly & devour. –No judgement if you grab the entire pan & a fork like I did :) -Enjoy!
*You can also make mini individual pizzas with the same cooking time & instructions.
What plant-based toppings will you stack your pizza with?!