This week on the blog I am going to share some of my favorite breakfast bowl recipes. All are simple to make, require only a few ingredients & are easily adjustable to your taste & dietary needs.
Let’s start with the one I most recently ate, the ‘Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl.’ You have warm sweet potato paired next to cold yogurt that truly makes you feel like you are eating a sweet cinnamon dessert.
*NOTE: See Sweet Potato Toast post for nutrition facts & health benefits of sweet potatoes
It drives me crazy when people eat donuts, bagels loaded with cream cheese, or other unhealthy breakfasts at work. What bothers me almost as much, is when someone doesn’t even breakfast at all! Is this just me?
4 Reasons To Never Skip Breakfast:
- It improves your focus & memory
- It prevents you from overeating later
- It lowers your risk of heart disease & diabetes
- It’s yummy!!!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- 1 medium sized sweet potato
- Organic plain greek or plain non-dairy yogurt
- Bee Pollen (not vegan)
- Wash the sweet potato, leaving the skin on*
- Cut in half & poke with a fork several times
- Bake on a baking sheet for about 50 minutes or until soft**
- Cut & mash the sweet potato in a bowl with a generous amount of cinnamon (I use at least half a teaspoon, but adjust to your liking).
- Add to a bowl along with yogurt & toppings of choice!
Other topping ideas: Any nut butter, pomegranate seeds, other fruit on hand, cacao nibs, nuts, seeds, goji berries, coconut flakes
*Eating the skin adds more nutrition such as fiber & potassium. In addition, baking or toasting a sweet potato preserves more nutrients than boiling.
Whose hungry for the next bowl?!