Why to love this recipe:
- It really could not be any easier to make
- It lets you be creative & use what you have on hand to make a yummy meal
- It’s filling & yummy
- It can be a quick breakfast or you can really dress it up & make it a complete meal for lunch or dinner
Why to love sweet potatoes:
They have a mighty nutritional punch!
- One medium sweet potato contains over 400% of your daily needs for vitamin A
- as well as an abundant of fiber & potassium.
- They have more nutrients than regular potatoes, with fewer calories.
Sweet Potato Toast
- One large sweet potato
Some Topping Ideas:
- Plain greek or non-dairy yogurt, sliced blackberries, fresh mint
- Organic pizza sauce, pre-roasted & sliced beets, nutitional yeast/nooch, fresh basil
- Nut butter, banana, cinnamon, goji berries
It’s toast so be creative! Avocado, hummus, scrambled tofu, mashed beans, salsa…..
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Wash & dry your sweet potato. Leave the skin on.*
- Cut your potato lengthwise into 1/4” thick slices.
- Pierce each slice with a fork to help steam escape & improve the texture.
- Lay slices flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 400F. **
- Allow to cool slightly & add desired toppings.
*Eating the skin adds more nutrition such as fiber & potassium. In addition, baking or toasting them preserves more nutrients than boiling.
**Note: You can also make sweet potato toast in a toaster. Toast on the highest setting of your toaster until tender when pierced with a fork.
What toppings will you use?!