When someone thinks of the 4th of July what usually comes to mind?
- Warm weather
- Friends & Family
- And of course, Grilling
As I knew I was going to be traveling to my parents cottage for the 4th, I asked my mom if she would pick up some frozen veggie patties that I could grill. I wanted to make it as easy as possible as I knew she would already be doing a lot of cooking.
Instead she responded asking if I wanted to make my own, which of course I did.
These Chickpea Veggie Burgers are fast & easy to make, yummy & a great food prep idea as well. Get out your grill!
Chickpea Veggie Burgers
- 1 can chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1 c oats
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 small zuchinni, grated
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 T hot sauce
- 2 T natural nut butter or tahini
- 1 tsp cumin
- Dash of cayenne
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of himalayan salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 T avocado or olive oil
- Add chickpeas to a bowl & mash with a fork
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl
- Mix everything together with your hands until well distributed & combined
- Form mixture into 6 patties (can seal & refrigerate or freeze for later if food-prepping)
- Grill at 400F for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through (You can also cook these in a pan if desired)
- Add toppings or make a yummy bowl along with other grilled veggies!
What are you favorite vegetables to grill?!