Monday… oh well. At least I have some yummy food-prepped meals & snacks to look forward to this week! The featured image above is some of the cooking I did this past weekend. All recipes will be up this week!
First, lets talk about chia pudding. It’s superrrr easy, yummy & contains fiber & protein. You just have to remember to make it in advance so it can set. I keep my chia puddings plain because I like to add it to bowls with other fruits, yogurts, etc. that bump up the flavor. Therefore, I don’t use any sweeteners. All you need is chia seeds, almond milk (or other desired plant based milk), & a little vanilla extract.
I am going to share the easiest way to make this bowl with you. The alternative would be to buy a whole butternut squash, chop, de-seed & bake it first. Not saying that isn’t a great way to go, but I think we all enjoy when things are a little easier 🙂
Butternut Squash Breakfast Bowl
- 1 medium size bag (2 lbs) frozen organic butternut squash
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1/2 c unsweetened cashew (or alternate plant-based) milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Homemade Granola (please no store bought, sugary granola here!)
- Goji Berries*
- The night before add all chia pudding ingredients to a jar. Mix well with a fork, cover & refrigerate.
- In the morning, steam butternut squash until soft throughout. Pierce with a fork to ensure inside is soft. I added mine to a big steamer pot & cooked it on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Let squash cool slightly & then add to a bowl with the vanilla & cinnamon. Simply mash & combine everything with a fork.
- Divide the squash mixture & chia pudding between 2 bowls. Top with granola & goji berries. Enjoy!
*Goji Berries, one of my favorite super foods, are high in:
- vitamin C
- vitamin A
They boost your immune system, potentially can help with weight loss, maintaining blood sugar, increase testosterone, & has been reported to increase energy, improve quality of sleep, and overall well being.