Has anyone else realized how far a small amount of rhubarb goes?! I picked up only 5 stalks of Rhubarb at the Farmers Market this past weekend, have already made 5 recipes with it, and still have 1 1/2 left! Not complaining…
It was my dogs birthday on Tuesday so I made him an Oatmeal Red Velvet Cake. He also got a tee-pee… the most spoiled. In case you all were wondering, his name is Batman, he is a 7 lb Yorkie, and he is the absolute best 🙂
While I was excited for him to have all the birthday fun he deserves, I wanted a treat too! So I decided to make a Breakfast Cake for myself.
You will love this recipe because it’s super easy. Only one bowl is needed to combine everything. It is also sugar, oil & cruelty free of course 🙂 Who doesn’t want to eat cake for breakfast?!
Rhubarb, Grapefruit Breakfast Cake
- 1 c oats
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1 scoop plant based vanilla protein powder (I like Orgain)
- 1/2 c unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 1 c natural apple sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of himalayan salt
- 1 tsp grapefruit zest
- 1/2 of a large Grapefruit (de-seeded & sliced into 1/2 in. pieces)
- 1 stalk rhubarb (chopped into small pieces)
- Spray a cake or similar pan with non-stick spray.
- Simply combine all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Fold in the grapefruit and rhubarb pieces.
- Pour batter into pan & press with a spatula.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
What would you guys add to a breakfast cake?